We took the tram from the Eibsee (beautiful blue lake) up the side of the mountain. My fear of heights kicked in just a bit, but we made it to the top and had the most beautiful views of the Alps. And we made it safely down to enjoy a sunny day at the local biergarten.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Top of the World- Zugspitze
While we were in Garmisch, we took a tram to the top of the Zugspitze, the highest peak of the German Alps. It was incredible. It really did feel like we were at the top of the world.
We took the tram from the Eibsee (beautiful blue lake) up the side of the mountain. My fear of heights kicked in just a bit, but we made it to the top and had the most beautiful views of the Alps. And we made it safely down to enjoy a sunny day at the local biergarten.









We took the tram from the Eibsee (beautiful blue lake) up the side of the mountain. My fear of heights kicked in just a bit, but we made it to the top and had the most beautiful views of the Alps. And we made it safely down to enjoy a sunny day at the local biergarten.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I can't beleive all the snow still in June---beautiful
It looks like Jax was going to climb right over the railing! Your pictures were amazing, but I think my phobia would forbid me to take the tram to the top! I am glad you made it up. Love you guys -
Those pics frighten me too. And the snow? Wow, how high is the peak, do you know. I would have been pleasantly scared on that tram. Good for all of you to go. Now I have seen the Alps!
Post a Comment