
We spent Christmas in Berlin this year- cold but fun. Here we are climbing the dome of the Reichstag, the German parliament building. It was great architecture, and we could see all of Berlin from the top. Below are some more highlights. Grandpa Steve was able to join us- he was game for most adventures, but mostly loved getting his wurst fix in Germany.

Lunch at the Sony Center on Potsdamer Platz

Fossil finding at the Sea Life aquarium. Jax screamed when he had to move on.

Claire and Dad love using the audioguides at the German History museum. We also saw a Greek altar and Babylon gates at the Pergamon, Nefertiti bust at the Neues Museum, and great paintings at the Gemaeldgalerie. Yup, we're museum freaks.

The infamous Brandenburg gate. Brandon's standing on the west side, facing the east where the wall once was. Steve's just getting the lay of the land.

Claire loves mass transit. We thought the subway stations in East Berlin were really retro cool. Great tile work from pre- WWII.

Kaiser Dom in West Berlin- bombed out in war, they left it like that. Very impressive.

Licka Licka! Claire's word for tasty treats like Nutella crepes, pizza, hot chocolate, and other Christmas market delights. She just finished chasing pigeons on Museum Island.

Jax loved the aquarium and put up with being schlepped everywhere in Berlin.

On Christmas night we went to this beautiful Christmas market with tightrope walking, tents, the Berlin bear, and awesome food. It was definitely upscale- the Saks 5th Ave of Christmas markets!
5 comments:
Ummm when did Jax grow up?!?! Em I am dying...he looks like a real boy now! I am so happy and sad all at once...he is absolutely adorable! Oh his cute cheeks and big blue eyes!
btw, your Christmas was amazing..Europe...wow to ALL your adventures! we miss you guys! xo
your kids are so beautiful - and i love how capricious little C bear is. Glad you had a great holiday.
missing you.
What in the heck hapenned to our baby Jax? I am freaking out! He looks like a completely different baby! His chubalub fat rolls are gone? And Claire is getting drop dead beautiful. Wow! I love to read your blog to keep up with you guys!
Sorry I am late to this party. I have a hard time keeping up with blogs- just ask anyone! (sorry, all) It looks like an awesome trip... Your kids are beautiful. How were the Canary Islands?
P.S. Em, do you remember the name of your wedding photographer? I'd like to use her for my family pics! Thanks-
I MISS YOU! HOw come you can't still live in San A and me in Austin, eh? Miss you. Miss you. Miss you. Cannot BELIEVE how grown up Claire is, and how darling Jax looks. Hope you are well. Much love to you. mar
Post a Comment