Friday, October 29, 2010

Fall in Utah- a week of firsts

First raking/sweeping of leaves with Cade, aka Indiana Jones
First Snow Woman, complete with curly tomato vine eyelashes

First Halloween program, where cousin Max and the rest of his 2nd grade performed spooky poems and songs. Also, quite possibly the first time Claire has heard the pledge of allegiance. Military parents of the year.

First time Scooby-Doo and Daphne posed together

First time any of us has seen a live wild turkey. This pair crossed the road in front of the mountain house and hung out in the neighbor's yard while we snapped some pics.


First time frosting Halloween sugar cookies with Brown cousins. Thanks Grandma Penny!

5 comments:

Brandon said...

It looks like Claire and Jax may be sad when they have to go back to Germany and be away from family. It looks like they are having so much fun. I'm glad for you guys that you could visit for so long! Have a great Halloween

love B

tawny said...

Cheers to your week of FIRSTS!
It sounds like you are having a great time... I know the cousins LOVE having you there! The pic of the girls is adorable!!!

Amber said...

I am glad you are blogging again. We have had so much fun with you here. My girls especially are loving Claire and Jax.

Michelle Glauser said...

A wild turkey? Wowee!

I heard you were in Cali. Have fun!

Penny said...

Cute blog and pics. Now you should do one from Cali so we can see where you are etc. Or not? I have not done any one thing that is very productive in quite a while and now Thanksgiving is on the scene so back to surviving. From day to day! Actually its not a bad way to live. Kind of like it.